We are always looking for talented and highly trained staff to join our team. Please feel free to send a cover letter & resume to [email protected] (unless noted differently below) and your information will be passed on to the leadership team.
Early Childhood Educator—Classroom Teaching Assistant
Employment Type: Full time
Hours per week: 37.5
Working hours: Monday to Friday with rotating shifts staring at 7:45 a.m.
Type of Childcare: Full day Preschool
Position Start: February 16, 2021 Position End: March 31, 2022
Reporting to the Principal, the Early Childhood Educator (ECE) will work directly with classroom teachers within our centre based programs providing high quality care and creative programming. Working in collaboration with Teachers of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Speech Language Pathologists, and other ECEs, this position is responsible for supporting children in the Centre’s licensed and academic programs as well as providing Before and After School Care. Children at the Centre are typically aged 3 years to grade 3. ECEs will ensure that children are well supervised and will assist the classroom teacher in providing developmentally and academically appropriate programming in keeping with the Centre’s listening and spoken language philosophy.
- Supervising children in the classroom and on the playground
- Supervision of children attending our Before and After school programs on a rotating basis
- Taking part in school activities during work hours and occasionally after hours
- Collaborating in the preparation of teaching materials, art, and other activities
- Provide positive behavioural support in collaboration with individual children’s learning teams
- Supporting social development
- Participate in professional development to keep certification current
Basic Early Childhood Certificate in British Columbia
- Infant/Toddler Educator Certificate, Special Needs Educator Certificate, or additional courses/training related to child growth and development are assets
- Minimum 2 years experience serving children in a licensed program preferred
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Certification
- Clean Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- Experience working with children in a childcare/recreational setting
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues, parents, and community members
- Excellent organizational skills and early childhood programming creation and facilitation
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a team
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience and training.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to [email protected]